Thursday, December 31, 2009
1. Black Dynamite - Written by actor Michael Jai White, this blaxsploitation film spoof was hands down the funniest movie of 09. Its full of quotables that are only funny in context, so I just recommend you go see it yourself.
2. Starburst's Berries and Cream Commercial - It's randomly hilarious.
3. Daniel Merriweather - In a world where blue-eyed-soul-imported-from-the-UK was the next best thing since the jheri curl, Daniel Merriweather is a standout. His album really had a solid "60s soul in the future" sound, and it was produced by my fav Mark Ronson. Peep his debut album Love and War.
4. Twitter - dammit I hate to love you but I do. It makes every insignificant moment of your life significant.
5. Google Wave - Never did I want something so bad that I didn't fully understand. And now that I got it, I still don't get it, but because I love Google like a first born child, I'm completely willing to get a study group together to figure out why it's so great.
Labels: top 5 of 09