After my last post, this one goes out to all my liberated ladies.
1. I've been obsessed with Robyn since she came back on the US scene in '08 with her eponymous album. She was on Royksopp's last album, and was featured on two songs on my mini-mixtape.
2. In this video, she literally dances like it's 1988, finishing with arm flourishes that remind me of 7th Heaven. I'm stunned by the accuracy.
3. She's wearing a shorts unitard.
4. Her ears are pointed.
5. Her teeth. Something about them are strangely alluring, like dentures.
6. About the unusual song, Robyn said
"People expect things of you, like kids and like marriage, and I found myself just thinking of that a lot while making this record, so the song is about that in a way, but it’s also fun. I’m playing around with the concept of being a woman, and what it means to physically be able to carry kids, but at the same time that’s not always what you see yourself as."
For a close 2nd here's Beyonce. I dig the visuals. If you like the 60's pop update sound, you should check out Mark Ronson's Version. Grrreat album.
pps - yes, that's "show me love" Robyn.